This webinar was recorded live on November 9, 2022, and is now available to watch on-demand.
The U.S. Department of State has recently launched a new two-year graduate fellowship program, the William D. Clarke, Sr. Diplomatic Security Fellowship, that provides up to $84,000 in academic funding over two years, summer practicums, professional development, and mentorship, and leads to an exciting career in the Foreign Service as a Diplomatic Security Service (DSS) Special Agent. DSS Special Agents are sworn federal law enforcement officers responsible for the security of Foreign Service personnel, property, and sensitive information around the world.
If you’re thinking about applying for this unique fellowship program, and you plan to enter a master’s degree program in fall 2023, join us for this one-hour webinar. You’ll hear about the eligibility requirements and benefits, the selection process, timeline of the two-year fellowship and what Foreign Service DSS Special Agents do. Plus, we’ll walk you through the application and answer your questions.
Our speakers on this one-hour webinar include:
- Jennifer Danover, Program Manager, Clarke DS Fellowship, U.S. Department of State
- Thomas J. Carey, Special Agent, DS Recruitment Unit, U.S. Department of State, and U.S. Marine Corps Veteran
- Chelsey Jones, Assistant Director, Federal Initiatives, The Washington Center
- Matilde Maisterrena, Senior Human Resources Specialist, U.S. Department of State
- Scott Bozworth, Program and Management Analyst, U.S. Department of State
This webinar is especially designed for Veterans interested in this program. You’ll hear:
- An overview of the Clarke DS Fellowship program and the role of DSS Special Agent in the Foreign Service
- How the Clarke DS Fellowship program is aligned with the State Department’s goals to attract talent that reflects the diversity of the United States
- Eligibility requirements, including exceptions for preference-eligible Veterans
- Timeline of the fellowship program
- Requirements of applicants selected as finalists and requirements of Clarke DS Fellows
- And much more!
The Clarke DS Fellowship application for the 2023 cohort is open October 3, 2022, through November 30, 2022. You can visit the William D. Clarke, Sr. Diplomatic Security Fellowship web page to view the eligibility requirements and benefits and to learn how to apply.