This webinar was recorded on September 20, 2023. Click the Watch On Demand button and sign up for immediate access.
The U.S. Department of State and The Washington Center (TWC) co-present this 60-minute session to walk you through the William D. Clarke, Sr. Diplomatic Security (Clarke DS) Fellowship application.
This webinar is designed for individuals who are applying for the 2024 cohort of the Clarke DS Fellowship program. Students who are currently working on their Clarke DS Fellowship application will benefit from the information and guidance provided in this webinar. We will walk you through each step of the Clarke DS Fellowship application and discuss the required documents. We will also talk about the eligibility requirements, the selection process, obligations of Clarke DS Fellows, and the timeline of the Clarke DS Fellowship program. You will discover:
- What transcripts and financial documents are required to be submitted with the application
- Who you should ask for your letter of recommendation
- The importance of your personal statement
- When the clearance processes and suitability review are conducted
- The difference between a suitability determination and a security clearance
- How the selection process works
- Your obligation to the State Department once you are selected and you accept the fellowship
- The timeline of the 2024 cohort from orientation to appointment into the Foreign Service
- And much, much more.
This webinar is designed for individuals who are planning to apply for the Clarke DS Fellowship program or who have started their application. If you are looking for general information about the Clarke DS Fellowship program, including the benefits of the program, please access our on-demand webinar: Applying for the Clarke DS Fellowship: Benefits, Eligibility, Selection Process and Career.
Applications for Clarke DS Fellowship 2024 cohort are being accepted through October 1, 2023.