Applications for the Clarke DS Fellowship 2024 cohort are being accepted July 18, 2023, to October 1, 2023, at 11:59 pm (EDT). Applications submitted after the deadline date will not be considered, so please take note of your local time zone.
Before you start your application, please read the Eligibility Requirements and the Physical Readiness Test requirements.
To begin, click the Apply Now button. This will take you to The Washington Center’s Program Application Portal login page. If you have not yet registered, click “Create an Account.” Once you are in the program application portal, click the Apply Now tab and select William D. Clarke, Sr. Diplomatic Security Fellowship.
Below is a general timeline for the 2024 cohort of the Clarke DS Fellowship program.
- July 18 – October 1, 2023 (11:59 pm ET): Applications accepted
- October 2023: Notifications of finalist selections are sent via email
- October/November 2023: Finalists complete Physical Readiness Test (PRT)
- December 2023: Final interviews and selection
- May or June 2024: In-person Orientation for the Clarke DS Fellowship Program
- Summer 2024: Domestic Practicum (10 weeks) and Professional Development Series
- September 2024: First year of your graduate program begins
- June-August 2025: Overseas Practicum (10 weeks)
- September 2025: Second year of your graduate program begins
- Spring 2026: Re-take the Physical Readiness Test (PRT)
- May 2026: Graduate with your master’s degree
- Post-graduation 2026: Enter the Foreign Service as a Diplomatic Security Service Special Agent in the first available Foreign Service Orientation class
Your application must include: