How To Apply
The application for the Clarke DS Fellowship 2023 cohort is closed. Applications were accepted October 3, 2022, through November 30, 2022 (11:59 pm Eastern Time).
The application for the 2024 cohort will open next year in late summer. The dates for the application period will be posted here. To receive email updates on the application dates, click the button below and sign up for our email list.
Clarke DS Fellowship Timeline
Below is a general timeline for the 2023 cohort of the Clarke DS Fellowship program.
- October 3 – November 30, 2022 (11:59 pm ET): Applications accepted
- January 2023: Notifications of finalist selections are sent via email
- January 2023: Finalists complete Physical Readiness Test (PRT) and participate remotely in the interview and selection process
- June 2023: In-person Orientation for the Clarke DS Fellowship Program
- June-August 2023: Domestic Practicum (10 weeks) and Professional Development Series
- September 2023: First year of your graduate program begins
- June-August 2024: Overseas Practicum (10 weeks)
- September 2024: Second year of your graduate program begins
- Spring 2025: Re-take the Physical Readiness Test (PRT)
- May 2025: Graduate with your master’s degree
- After graduation: Enter the Foreign Service as a Diplomatic Security Service Special Agent in the first available Foreign Service Orientation class
Your application must include: